A second wave of COVID is here. Killing germs is on everyone’s mind. HopePodz Disinfectant is definitely up for the task...
Fact #1: Disinfectant is VERY Toxic
It’s true! The chemicals that make up our Disinfectant are harsh enough to destroy 99.99% of all bacteria, viruses, fungi, mould, or mildews living on surfaces. Unlike other Disinfectants, however, HopePodz do not come in single-use plastic bottles! Check out our ingredients & safety sheets for more information. Always remember! Keep the bottle's lid tightly shut & the disinfectant out of reach of children and pets 👯
Fact #2: Vinegar is NOT effective against the coronavirus
We did look it up! We’re fully on board with the vinegar train — any green cleaning product gets a gold star from us. But while vinegar and baking soda make for a great cleaner, they don't disinfect. According to the David Suzuki Foundation, vinegar's disinfectant properties are not strong enough to kill the 99.99% of germs, fungi, and viruses like disinfectants can.
Fact #3: Cleaning is not the same as Disinfecting
Great questions! There's a big difference between cleaning and disinfecting...
- Remove dirt with HopePodz Glass, Multi-Surface & Bathroom cleaners: "Cleaning" refers to the removal of germs & dirt from surfaces. The surfactants in our cleaners surround & loosen dirt particles from the surface they're attached to, so you can rinse them away. Cleaning does not kill germs
- It all comes down to pH Adjustors: Each of our eco-certified cleaning formulas has an optimum pH to make it work best. For example, our bathroom cleaner’s formula is more acidic to best clean soap scum. Our multi-surface is more alkaline to remove grease & oils
- HopePodz Disinfectant kills germs dead: Our red Disinfectant pods do not contain cleaning surfactants. There is nothing eco-certified about our Disinfectant, beyond the fact that it does not come in a single-use plastic bottle🌎! Its chemical formulation kills 99.99% of bacteria, viruses, fungi, mould, or mildews.
To work, spray the Disinfectant on CLEAN surfaces & let air dry for 10 minutes ✨
1. Clean with Purple
Every day, wipe high-touch surfaces with multi-surface cleaner. Clean tables, doorknobs, light switches, desks, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks — and don’t forget game controllers & mobile phones!
2. Disinfect With Red
Next, spray cleaned surfaces with disinfectant until they’re thoroughly wet. Surfaces must remain wet for approximately 10 minutes. Allow to air dry.
3. Rinse with Purple
Finally, do another quick spray & wipe with the purple HopePodz Multi-Surface cleaner. That’s it!
Fact #4: To be COVID safe, Health Canada tells us to clean & disinfect
HopePodz Disinfectant Kit gives you professional concentrated refills so you can safely clean & disinfect your home as per Health Canada’s guidelines. Just save 2 empty plastic bottles from your recycle bin — drop a red Disinfectant pod in one, a purple multi-surface pod in the other — and refill with tap water.
You Asked, We Answered: Your Disinfectant Questions!
1. Does Your HopePodz Disinfectant Kill COVID?
COVID is a disease, which is inside the body, caused by a bacteria called SARS Cov-2. Our disinfectant works on all surfaces, killing 99.99% of all germs, fungi, mold, bacteria, and viruses. We are not doctors (unfortunately!) and can make no medical claims guaranteeing anything beyond the purpose of our product.
2. Is Our Disinfectant Recognized by Health Canada?
We've officially been registered with a DIN number, meaning that we are allowed to sell our Disinfectant under Health Canada regulations. Woohoo! Our DIN number is 02510316, and we're pretty pumped about it :).
You’d have to eat or inhale a LOT of cleaner pods to be seriously ill. HopePodz Disinfectant is more toxic than other HopePodz. If you accidentally ingest ANY HopePodz...
1. Do not try to induce vomiting. The very first thing you should do is swish your mouth with water and spit, then drink several cups of water or milk to dilute the cleaner. Remember, HopePodz are eco-certified to be non-toxic when diluted with water.
2. Call Poison Control immediately if your symptoms are mild or moderate. Be ready to share our Safety Sheet because they need to know the specific ingredients and concentration of the Podz to assess the situation.
3. If symptoms worsen or you have trouble breathing, go to the emergency room immediately.